Monday, June 11, 2012

LEGO CUUSOO: Star Wars Dark Bucket Rejected

No comment.
While I do wish I could say that, I can't. This had it coming. LEGO already said they couldn't make it. I was more surprised by how long it took to archive it.

LEGO said in their official comment:

Decision on Our Ability to Produce this Project

2012.06.08
First and foremost, huge congratulations to haru for reaching 10,000 supporters on LEGO CUUSOO, and toward everyone for all of the support of the Star Wars Dark Bucket project!

LEGO Star Wars is very popular, and we're well aware that many people want to amass large armies of Star Wars minifigures. Our team has done our due diligence, and due to our license we will not release a collection consisting almost entirely of minifigures. Since the 10,000 supporters came for this specific concept, we will not alter the project in the review. Therefore we will not consider the Star Wars Dark Bucket further for production. We're sorry to be the bearers of this disappointing news.

The challenge with allowing IP-related projects on LEGO CUUSOO is that there is the potential of a license conflict, either with an existing license or with a competitive licensor. Still, it's our view that it is better to be open and allow for possibilities, knowing there will be "no" answers along the way, than shut out the potential of IP-based products altogether.

Since we already knew the answer in this case, we decided to share the news now rather than wait until the Fall LEGO Review under which this project would qualify. Opening ourselves to new product suggestions invites popular ideas that don't always work. We are grateful for the spirit behind projects like the Star Wars Dark Bucket and for the opportunity to be challenged. It keeps us sharp and looking toward the future of the LEGO brick.

The LEGO CUUSOO Team


They did what they had too. I can't blame them.

Check it out on LEGO CUUSOO.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm it appears like your blog ate my first comment (it was super long) so I guess I'll just sum it up what I wrote and say, I'm thoroughly enjoying your blog. I too am an aspiring blog writer but I'm still new to everything. Do you have any tips for newbie blog writers? I'd genuinely appreciate it.
    Also see my webpage - Strom Gas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that. I had no idea.
      As far as blog tips go, advertising is a great way to get out. giving people credit for things and leaving comments about your blog are great ways.

      Delete